TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide:
We receive, store, and process certain personal information you provide to us when you purchase or use our Services, set up an account, enter information on our websites or message boards, communicate with us over phone, tickets, email, or otherwise use our applications on mobile or connected devices, use our streaming services, take our surveys, participate in any promotion, attend a Zapple Event, interact with our social media presence, or in any other way.
In general, we collect the following personal information you provide: (1) Contact information (name, shipping and billing and/or business addresses, telephone number, email address; tax identification number); (2) Log-in information (username and password); (3) Payment information (credit card or other payment information); (4) Demographics information (gender, date of birth, preferences, profile data, survey response data); (5) Purchase history; (6) General feedback and content (content you post on our message boards, photos you upload, or information you submit about our products).
Automatically Collected Information:
Some non-personal information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you use our Services. We receive and collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our Site; and the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our Site. We use this information to monitor the usage of our Site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. The information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers’ search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns
- Information Collected Using Pixel Tags or Clear GIFs.To help us understand the effectiveness of our email marketing efforts, we may use “message format” and “message open” sensing technologies. Both technologies require the use of pixel tags or clear GIFs (also called web beacons). The “message format” sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails; if so, this information is then associated with your email address so that subsequent messages can be sent to you in HTML format. The “message open” sensing technology allows us to recognize whether you have opened our email message. We can only detect this if you have enabled your email program to receive HTML emails.
Information We Obtain from Third-Party Sources:
Our vendors: contact information and demographics that you provide to or through our vendors, such as through our email and text message campaigns.
Payment service providers: payment information such as updated credit card number and expiration dates from your bank or credit card company which we use to keep our records current and service you better.
Delivery service providers: delivery details such as updated delivery, contact information, and address information from our carriers or other third parties which we use to keep our records current, process orders, deliver your next purchase, and service you better.
Social media services: information that you publicly post on our and your social media pages (e.g., our Facebook®, Instagram®, and Twitter® pages), such as your contact and demographic information, such as likes, interests, preferences, comments, suggestions, and opinions, general feedback, and content.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
- Encryption Technology – The Personal Customer Information you provide – including your credit card information – to establish an account with us and to make purchases from us is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
- Password Security – To further secure your Personal Customer Information (“PCI”), we require you to create a customer password when you establish an account with us. We encourage you to use a password that is not easily guessed (i.e., don’t use your name or street name). Keep your password secret; do not share it with anyone. If you forget your password, you can contact Zapple Customer Service and they will send you your password. It will be sent to the email address under which your Zapple account is assigned. If you want to change your password or other account information, simply log in to your account and click on “Update Profile”.
- Remember to Sign Out – To further prevent unauthorized access to your account, remember that, after you sign in, you should sign out once you have (i) completed your transaction, (ii) completed managing your account, or (iii) decided to step away from your computer. Anyone who accesses your computer after you have signed in but before you have signed out can access your account. This is especially true if you have Express Checkout enabled on your account.
- Alternative Customer Purchasing Options – If you do not feel comfortable sending your credit card information to us over the Internet, you still can shop with us. We welcome you to call us through your local number and a Customer Service Representative will assist you with your order.
- PCI Compliance – We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard nonpublic personal information and any other information, to ensure all customers that their privacy is a major part of our commitment to provide the finest service possible. We are committed to protecting consumer credit card data in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Our alignment with this standard is reflected in the people, technologies and processes we employ. We conduct regular vulnerability scans and penetration tests in accordance with the PCI DSS requirements for our business model. We attest to our PCI compliance quarterly. In addition, our PCI compliance is attested to annually by a PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Zapple does not sell your personal information for payment or other monetary consideration. We will not share your personal information with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, or unless we have your permission as agreed in this Policy. We value the trust our customers place in us to safeguard their personal information. We share personal information we collect as described below:
- Third Party Service Providers.We use third parties to help us make our products and services available to you, fulfill orders you may have placed, process credit card payments, provide customer service, ship postal mail, deliver your packages, conduct market research or information analysis, manage promotions, and contact you in connection with various Zapple Services. In these instances, we may need to provide your information to these third parties for such purposes. These third parties do not have the right to use your information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of your Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by us. They are not permitted to forward information to a third party.
- Protection of Zapple and Others. We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, in order to: (i) protect or defend our legal rights or property, or the legal rights of our customers, employees, agents, and contractors; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers, or members of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) detect and protect against fraud and identity theft or to conduct risk management; (iv) comply with laws, legal process, or legal requests from any governmental or regulatory body; or (v) to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and/or other agreements.
- Distributors and Zapple Teams.Individuals who join Zapple as a Distributor may have access to certain information of Customers and other Distributors to help them engage and collaborate with other Distributors and grow their business. This includes information such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address, transaction history and order information, and Distributor-related sales, performance, and team information.
- De-identified Data Disclosures. We may also disclose non-identifying transaction information to third parties for accounting, record keeping, and other purposes. We may also disclose aggregated, de-identified user data or non-personal information with business partners, advertisers, and others.
- Cross-Border Transfers. Your personal data may be transferred to another group company affiliated with Zapple if this is necessary for the implementation of the object of the respective contract and/or for the execution of your orders or for the provision of a service.
- Distributorship Sales.Zapple Distributors may sell or transfer their Zapple business to another Distributor. In such case, certain information pertaining to their customers and Distributors in their organization, such as name, phone number, e-mail address and transaction history, may be transferred to the Distributor purchasing the business.
- Communications from Zapple. As a Customer or Distributor, you may receive the following communications from Zapple: communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. These communications include without limitation: surveys, enrollment confirmations, order confirmations, order update notices, order problem notices, and notices regarding material changes to Service policies and account management procedures.
USERS BASED OUTSIDE OF THE US
Our site is not directed to or intended for, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through our website. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under the age of 18 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
By creating an account or purchasing our products, you may be opted into receiving email messages. These messages could include changes to features of our service and additional email messages about our products, services, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these types of promotional communications from us, you may (i) select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email, (ii) update your email preferences in account settings, or (iii) contact customer service at any time. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding special offers, promotions, or other updates from Zapple.
DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference available in many web browsers which allows you to inform websites you visit that you do not want them collecting information about you. Zapple does not current respond to DNT signals, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave or Services. For further details regarding DNT, visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Services. In some cases we retain your personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would personally identify you.
EMAIL AND OPT-OUT POLICY
Digital and Electronic Communications: We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you ask to receive these from us. You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from us at any time. Follow the opt out or unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message you receive from us.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service-related communications as authorized by law. We may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you have any questions regarding your data or want to have any data deleted or changed, please email us at [email protected]. You are entitled to receive any information about your data we have stored.